This was quite hard to tease the individual fibres out into a fluffy ball, as the staples were tightly crimped and measured 3.5 – 5ins.
When spinning it was hard on my drafting fingers, this might have been because it had that extra stage in there of dyeing first, but I’m not sure. I decided a short forward draw was best for this sample and it did however make quite a smooth singles yarn.
I got a nice result from the Navajo ply which ended up with a relatively smooth yarn. There was the odd bump, but really there wasn’t many at all.
I used a 3.25mm needle for this sample and it has created a nice fabric although I think if I had done this sample in the one colour it would be more noticeably smooth. I think I could possibly wear this next to my skin, but I would probably card or comb it for my next project as it was quite sore on my hands bypassing that stage, or perhaps dye it at a later stage. This experiment gives it a 5/10